Thursday, September 6, 2007

Happiness Card - Coloring with Pastels

This is the final card from our August stamp club meeting. Until recently I had not even taken my Stampin' Pastel chalks out for probably two years! What was I thinking? I guess I just kinda forgot about them! Then after putting together the last card (the poppin' pastels one), I figured as long as I had them out I should use them some more!

This card is simple enough but it uses several different tools. As I put it together I just kept thinking of a few more touches to add to it! The stamp set "Give Thanks" was used for this card. From the name of the set you might think it is a Thanksgiving set, but I was drawn to this set because I saw so many year around uses for it!

The bucket with apples image was stamp with versamark ink, sprinkled with black embossing powder, and then heat embossed. The blender pens were used to pick up the chalks in the Stampin' Pastels to color in the image. A silver brad was placed at the bucket handle (thought of that after making the card, so I had to take it apart and put back together again)! The white strip has the rows of paper piercing which are easy when you use the holes template in the Mat Pack (also comes with the Crafter's Tool Kit). Finally the Real Read card stock punched using the new Scallop Circle Punch along with the 1 1/4" circle punched layer adds a cute design detail. The "happiness" sentiment comes from the Warm Words stamp set.

Somehow the Creamy Caramel base with the Real Red accents and the Whisper White layers remind me of back to school. We laughed at stamp club that one could give this card to their child's new teacher and know the real meaning of the card is happiness for me now that my child is back in school with you!

Theresa

Useful Links:
Holiday mini catalog - Sept 1-Nov 30
Demo Sign Up special: FREE set of ink pads!

No comments: