Monday, March 31, 2008

Isn't it supposed to be Spring? One of a Kind card


OK, tomorrow is April 1st and it is snowing again! How can this be spring? Well, at least these cards are perfect for spring!

I am posting two very similar cards for this stamp set. I got the one in a swap with other demos (Laura Palmer's card is the Bashful Blue with Apricot Appeal). The other is my very slightly altered version (Sage Shadow, Blush Blossom, and Cameo Coral). I just changed the colors, stamped the biggest image several times as a subtle background, used eyelets instead of brads on the flowers, and I changed the scalloped bottom slightly. I really loved Laura's card so much, there wasn't much I could change!

These cards use the Boho Blossoms punch that coordinates with the One of a Kind stamp set. The One of a Kind stamp set (page 109 of the Spring/Summer Idea Book) has an image of three flowers grouped together that after stamping the image, it can be punched with the Boho Blossoms punch (page 180). The stamped images and the punch created all the flowers along the center of the cards.

The rounded corners of the layered sentiment and the scalloped lower edge of the card were both created using the 3/16" corner rounder punch. If you'd like to see a tutorial of how to create the scalloped edge using the corner punch refer back to my August 29, 2007 posting where I showed how to make a scalloped circle. The same procedure is used here but along the edge to make it scalloped.

I hope you enjoy!
Theresa

Don't Forget:
Free Wheelin' Promotion (free jumbo wheel with purchase of certain stamp sets)

112850 - page 66 Pun Fun stamp set and FREE Sweet Stars jumbo wheel $30.95

112847 - page 60 Year after Year stamp set and FREE See You Around jumbo wheel $30.95

112849 - page 83 Stitched Exotics stamp set and FREE It's Beautiful jumbo wheel $33.95

112853 - page 51 Enjoy Every Moment stamp set and FREE Daisy Dash jumbo wheel $29.95

No comments: